Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Goldie on 3 legs (temporarily)




Another small update to show you Goldie temporarily on 3 legs. As you can see he is not on wheels yet because I just ordered the scooter wheels and belts yesterday ($83 fraking dollars!) and still have to buy the wheels for the center foot from Home Depot. And more screws to buy which I should be buying those at the end of the week.
We had to sit the body flat on a table when we were setting the legs and got the legs at 34 degrees instead of 36 to give room for the motor holders.

Well, as soon as the wheels get here I can finish getting him on wheels and rolling for Megacon.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What no wheels? But how are you going to pull it behind you like one of those toy phones you get when your little and pull be hind you.

Christina Thomas said...

He'll have wheels soon. I just have to wait for the wheels to get here in the mail. The castors for center foot I bought them today.
So he should be rolling by Megacon. ;)

Pull him behind me? Oooh, you mean like Mike did? haha No. :)

TeamTEOR said...

Hello Christina,
I am known as TeamTEOR in the Astromech forums. I am watching your build and hope to get some ideas for ours. My wife and I are also working on a PVC Clone Wars Astromech and are lucky enough to be in the same area as Droidwelder. I thought that it would be nice to say hello. Thanks for sharing your build in a blog.

Can I please ask if you would take a few pics of your center foot design?
Thanks in advance,
Tom
Scottsdale, Arizona

Christina Thomas said...

Hi,
The center foot is just A&A right now but I think DroidWelder has his center foot shell on. It's in his gallery I think, I'd put the link on here but astromech.net has been down for almost a week now.

-Crissy