Saturday, February 26, 2011

READY FOR MEGACON 2011!

Well, after getting on the wheels and castors and adding some strength to the center leg and ankle, he is now ready for Megacon 11'!
While he isn't driveable yet, he can still be rolled into the convention center instead of having to carry his butt.
And also, he rolls very well! You can push him with your pinky finger and he takes off! Try doing that with a heavy aluminum droid. ;)
So if Celebration 6 is in Orlando again I might enter him into the droid races. I can see him easily as one of the fastest droids there because of how light he is!
Anyway,
Here is what Goldie looked like last year:


Here is what he will look like this time:


As you can see my cat Wally's legs are sticking out of my droid. Yep, my droid is going to be cat powered. He will be the fastest droid ever.




For anyone who may be wondering how the center leg and A&A foot looks up close.


This will probably be my last post until we leave for Megacon.
I'll see you all there!

2 comments:

Britfest said...

Looking good! One of us R2-Central people will be down there but with no droid :(

Your build is looking great! Keep up the great work!

www.R2-CM.com

Christina Thomas said...

Hey, thanks Moose! :)
So who is it that's coming for Mega in your group?

-Crissy