Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cutting The Skins




The polystyrene skins finally came in yesterday, and I also got the blueprints printed out at Fedex Office today.
The size of the skins are .40
So I began working on it and only got the the front inner skin cut. (would of done more but I was out all day)
I used Easy-Tack (refer to pic 2) to keep the template from comming off while I cut it.
The only part I didn't cut was the round part, I got my dad to cut that part out. Mainly because this is the first time I've ever done this.
The template is going to end up staying on there till I figure out the arms and panels because the Clones Wars droid design is a bit different from the others.

I'll be working on it tommorrow! ;)

Still waiting for the material for the frame to come in. It should be here any day now.

And for the people watching my blog and are new to this like me, TAKE YOUR TIME! Cut very slowly or else, you'll end up moving it or straying away from the line.

5 comments:

The life of thomas said...

Very Cool Christina!!!! I guess Calvin and Brenda make it kind of hard to resist building your own R3.
I guess that makes you the 5th "Thomas" builder. Kind of hard keeping track, lol

Good luck,
Thomas (from Sweden)

Christina Thomas said...

lol Thank you! :)

-Crissy

Christina Thomas said...

By the way. I added your blog to my 'Other builder's blogs' links, if that's okay with you.

-Crissy

The life of thomas said...

Thats fine and I'll be adding yours to mine...if thats okay ;)

Thomas

Christina Thomas said...

Fine with me! Thanks