Monday, September 14, 2009

Panel guide lines




The "spider" Pixelfiend sent came in real quick! (Thank you! :))
I now have the panels drawn on it. It's off alittle by maybe a hair but, it doesn't need to be THAT perfect. And I don't think anyone'll notice either.
It may be off because some of the waves that were in the dome when I got it are still in there. Couldn't sand it all out. :(

And it turns out I had just enough Easy-Tack to get the "spider" print to stay on.
First, I had to spray the easy-tack on there to keep it from comming off of the extra styrene I had.
Then, I had to cut it out.
And after that, sand off the incorrect lines I had on the dome.
Then finally, put the spider on top, tape it down, and draw the lines on.

And I thought I wasn't going to get anything done today. HA!

(Picture of "spider" taped on the dome in the 1st pic, and picture of the guide lines drawn on in 2nd pic.)

3 comments:

The life of thomas said...

I don't think anyone can match your building speed. Everything is very impressive and you've apparently been watching your mom and dads earlier building very closely ;)

Thomas

Christina Thomas said...

Thank you, thank you! :-)

SuperDad said...

Very nicely done! I was lucky enough to have my done already etched for me.

Jason